DPA is committed to providing all of our student-athletes with an education that will make them a competitive applicant for the best possible colleges around the country. We consider the whole student and believe in inspiring achievements through relationships, service, and valuing diversity. Please see the following information for highlights of our advising curriculum.
- Oversee the NCAA eligibility process and track recruiting during the entirety of the time your student is at DPA.
- Preparing your student-athlete to confidently approach the PSAT/SAT/ACT by instructing students in test taking strategies.
- Assessing and identifying a student’s career interests and aligning their desires to an appropriate major/career pathway at a post-secondary institution that aligns with their choices.
- Development of a career and academic portfolio that students can utilize during the post-secondary planning process.
- Enrollment in DPA’s advising course. In this class, students will focus on career exploration, social/emotional and identity growth, comprehensive financial literacy, and mindset development.
Parents and college coaches can have full confidence that a DPA graduate will have a complete understanding of the rules in place that govern eligibility to play at the next level. We look forward to working with you through the college process every step of the way!